The HP V100 Cable/DSL Router lets small offices, branch offices, and home offices benefit from reliable and cost-effective shared Internet access. Up to 253 users can securely share a single cable or DSL connection. The router offers a four-port 10/100 Ethernet LAN switch, plus an Ethernet WAN port for connecting to a broadband modem (not included). Multiple security features include Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall to automatically detect and block denial-of-service (DoS) attacks and other common intrusions, VPN initiation/termination, and pass-through support; these offer a high level of cost-effective protection and secure connection to central offices and/or secure access to remote workers. Network and Port Address Translation (NAT/PAT) conserve expensive public IP addresses and assure privacy. The V100 router comes with preset defaults, setup wizards, and a browser-based user interface to simplify installation, configuration, and administration.
Quality of Service (QoS)
• Flexible routing: IP routing (RIP v1/v2) and static routing: allow the router to be used in multi-network environments. Dynamic Domain Name Service (DNS): enables users connecting to the Internet with dynamic IP addresses to use network applications such as Web or FTP servers that normally require static IP addresses (requires subscription with Dynamic DNS providers) .
• Shared Internet access: Economical broadband sharing: enables up to 253 simultaneous users to share a single cable or DSL connection to make the most of your broadband service. Flexible broadband support: supports either cable or DSL modem connections for configuration flexibility.
• Stateful packet inspection firewall with hacker pattern detection: helps protect your network from hackers and intrusions from over the Internet
Ease of use
• Setup wizards, pre-set defaults, and intuitive browser interface: make setup and configuration easy
Warranty and support
• 3-year warranty: with advance replacement and next-business-day delivery (available in most countries)